Speedway is a rich and diverse town that is full of stories. With our Summer Reading Program theme being "Tails & Tales" this year, we would like to reach out into the community and find out what tales our amazing residents and patrons have to offer. While we do own multiple copies of the "Story of Speedway" book, we are currently interested in compiling stories of the people in Speedway. In exchange, we plan to send all of the stories we receive off to a printer to get them bound into a paperback book.
Anyone who contributes a story to the book will receive their own copy of the book for free!
Some story ideas could be the following:
- What is your favorite memory of Speedway?
- What was it like growing up in Speedway?
- What is your favorite thing about living in Speedway?
- Your own idea
To submit your story, please click the link below, or you may bring in a typed or written copy to the library.
If you are submitting your story in-person, please include the following:
- Full name
- Would like to have your first name and last initial in the book or be anonymous?
- How long have you been a Speedway Resident?
- Your phone number and address (library use only)
- Do you give us permission to use your story?
Stories need to be submitted no later than July 31st
*Please note that a minimum number of stories (30) must be submitted in order for the book to be printed.
**The library reserves the right to not include any stories that are considered inappropriate or derogating towards Speedway.